Does anyone else remember that Jon Lovitz sketch on SNL? Or am I just dating myself with that reference?
Anyway, I got an e-mail from an old friend--one of those where you answer questions, and send it back to the person who sent it to you, and also to other friends and family. Normally I'm not into that sort of thing, but today I figured, why the heck not?
So without further ado, I'm going to let you in on some of the questions and answers. I know, you're dying of suspense:
1. What is your occupation right now? Manager of my husband's art gallery/studio/school
2. What color are your socks right now? Wearing green Moroccan slippers
3. What music are you listening to right now? As in right this second, nothing. Usually? World music and New age.
4. What was the last thing that you ate? ground turkey with broccoli, spinach and a little cheese
5. Can you drive a stick shift? no
6. What is your favorite sport to watch on TV? basketball, if the Nuggets are playing and my husband is watching too--On my own, I don't watch sports
7. What is your favorite drink? I drink lots of sparkling water, and like the occasional Chardonay
8. Have you ever dyed your hair? yes, I went through stages, but haven't colored my hair for 10 or 15 years
9. Favorite food? Ahhh, complicated question for me, long answer coming. I've had a life-long love affair with all things starchy. I've eaten mountains of macaroni and fields of fries. But due ever-increasing girth, I decided that I had to end this love affair. It was tough--like ending a toxic relationship with someone you're completely infatuated with. After about 6 months of "de-starchifying", I no longer crave starchy foods. But nothing sounds as good as those used to. Even though the food I eat now is mostly healthy and delicious, I don't crave it. Like I used to crave drowning in a big bowl of mashed-potatoes.
10. What is the last movie you watched? Most of "Click", with Adam Sandler, surprisingly good
11. Favorite day of the year? Any day that the sun is shining and I'm feeling at peace
12. How do you vent anger? I like to take a hot bath, scream, cry and pound the walls with my fists. After doing that and sweating for a couple of hours, I'm usually pretty worn out and not angry.
13. What was your favorite toy as a child? A little toy robot called 2-XL that played 8 track tapes and let you give multiple choice answers
14. What is your favorite season? Summer, because I live in the Western slopes of Colorado--the days are warm and sunny (not humid), nights are cool and starry. I also like Autumn and Spring. (Which is super short here--take a shower and you might miss it). Even Winter's not too bad, because there are lots of sunny days.
15. When was the last time you cried? Sunday, Jan. 18th
16. What is on the floor of your closet? My closet has a floor????????
17. What are you most afraid of? That I will fall asleep and not be present for my life.